Reported by scrax scrax, Jan 22, 2010
I've made a first translation of the Chameleon.xib in Italian. I don't know how to make a build with English and Italian so here you are the file translated, if it could be used that would be useful
- Chameleon.xib - 273.08 kB
Comment 1 by scrax scrax, Jan 22, 2010
I've managed how to put it in the xcode project and I've corrected some parts, resolved all the warnings about checkboxes scaling. I've now a full working Italian-English version of the actual v2 Attached here the new file
- Italian.lproj.zip - 21.61 kB
Comment 2 by scrax scrax, Jan 23, 2010
Here there is the files I've modded after the recent change at the Chameleon.xib
- ChameleonPrefPane.zip - 45.74 kB
Comment 3 by scrax scrax, Jan 31, 2010
i've made another translation of the current version from DieBluche. I've changed the info.plist to use only the Chameleon.icons and addet the Italian localizations string. Also made th Italian.lproj folder and the resultinf xcode project file. All attached here.All made after commit 86 by DieBuche There is a problem the menu on the sidebar is not translated but i can find my translation in the xib.
- ItalianVERSION270000.zip - 48.00 kB
Comment 4 by DieBuche, Jan 31, 2010
ty, Added to branch. Please have a look at Localizable.strings in the it_IT folder
Comment 5 by DieBuche, Jan 31, 2010
Comment 6 by scrax scrax, Feb 1, 2010
I've translated also Localizable.strings and so now the Italian localization is complete i think, for now.
- Localizable.strings - 710 bytes
Comment 7 by scrax scrax, Feb 1, 2010
I've tried to compile it but i can't get the localizations to work aither the italian or the German one. I realized that the xib wasn't translated and so i did it, but it already not work in italian. I've addet the localization in xcode to chameleon.xib and Localizable.strings but still nothing. It's all done after the 96 commit. Note: info.plist still use "Chameleon.tiff" instead of "Chameleon.icns" for the "Preference Pane icon file" key I attach here my it_IT.lproj folder.
- it_IT.lproj.zip - 35.55 kB
Comment 8 by scrax scrax, Feb 2, 2010
Localization working good in RC3, issue closed?
Comment 9 by Rekursor, Feb 3, 2010
Scrax go to the Italian.lproj folder and edit the Chameleon.strings italian file as in RC4. Then run from the root dir: ./xibupdateall This is the way I recommend to edit the xib (only the strings file) When new features appear I take care of generate an updated Chameleon.strings file. One side note is: please never edit the xib directly, the process is as follow: we update the strings in Chameleon.strings for any language and then we run xibupdateall to copy the english xib and reinject all strings files for each language.
Comment 10 by scrax scrax, Feb 3, 2010
Ok, this is a more secure localizzation method. I need to correct some value because they are clipping out the box in RC3.
Comment 11 by scrax scrax, Feb 4, 2010
I've made the corrections to the chameleon.strings now it's good.
- Chameleon.strings.zip - 7.34 kB
Comment 12 by DieBuche, Feb 4, 2010
Updated trunk with latest strings. thx scrax.
Comment 13 by DieBuche, Feb 14, 2010
Closing for now